Created by chef and restaurateur Tony Maws, this recipe will keep your holiday dinner guests coming back for more! For a boost in flavor, try substituting cracked black pepper for our Brothers Marketplace No-Salt Lemon Pepper.
PLUS, enter to win a dinner for two at Tony Maws’ restaurant, Craigie on Main, in Cambridge, MA.
2 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed
2 cups dried cranberries
2 cups Spanish onion, diced
2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
3 cups walnuts, toasted and chopped
1 sprig rosemary
2 cups orange juice
1 cup apple cider
2 cups port wine
1 1/2 cups honey
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
1 tsp lime zest
1 tsp orange zest
2 tbsp butter
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
1. Heat a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat.
2. Sweat the onions in butter until soft and translucent.
3. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Add both fresh and dried cranberries and continue to cook until they begin to give off some juice.
5. Add the rosemary, spices, ginger and all the liquids.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cook slowly, stirring continuously, until the liquid reduces and is sticky, and the cranberries are completely cooked.
8. Remove from heat and add the citrus zest.
9. Cool to room temperature and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve, for up to 1 week.