A juicy peach after jumping in the waves. A beach-day lunch that pairs fresh-cut cantaloupe with your favorite local meats from New England Charcuterie. A refreshing drink of sparkling water to cool you down from a long walk in the sand.
Visit Brothers Marketplace for all of the snacks and drinks you need to stay full and hydrated at the beach this weekend, such as:
- All things fresh fruit: Tree fruit is easy and ripe to eat out of hand, such as apricots, peaches, plums and nectarines. Bring a bucket of pre-cut, fresh fruit with you. Or make a refreshing salad with chunks of watermelon, fresh mint, and Narragansett Salty Sea Feta.
- Crunchy nuts and homemade trail mix: Keep your energy up with high-protein, chickpea snacks in fun flavors, such as honey roasted from local Biena or Bombay Spice from Saffron Road. Make your own trail mix with cashews, raw almonds, brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and banana chips from Woodstock and coconut chips from Dang.
- A rainbow of veggies and dip: Take along baby carrots, sugar snap peas, cucumber or even kohlrabi slices, and dip them in single-serve Hidden Valley Ranch dip cups, which don’t need to be refrigerated before opening.
- Salty chips, olives and other snacks: Get your salt fix with Torres Black Truffle Potato Chips, Peeled Snacks Baked Organic Pea Puffs, or light and crunchy Hippeas in flavors such as Sriracha Sunshine. Combine veggies and salt into one with Mediterranean Organic Kalamata or Green Olives pouches or pickled gherkins pouches from Gaia.
- A taste of the sea without any fishing: Yusō – a fresh, Japanese-inspired rice ball snack – or a Safe Catch wild tuna pouch in Chili Lime flavor (on crackers or just with a fork) makes a fun, spicy, sea-inspired lunch. Seaweed Love all-natural, roasted seaweed snacks are great for salty crunch.
- Individually wrapped energy bars in all sorts of flavors: Keep it simple with protein and nutrient-powered energy bars. Select from a wide array of options, such as Kind Bars, Clif MOJO Bars or Lara Bars. For the beach, aim for bars that aren’t coated or super sticky so they don’t melt in the sun.
- Fruit and veggie pouches (they’re not just for babies!): Baby food pouches from Plum Organics, Ella’s, Happy Baby, and Earth’s Best can be a convenient and refreshing treat for all ages — and they keep the sand and saltwater out of your food! Try all kinds of flavors, such as Apple & Carrot (Plum); Banana, Beets & Blueberries (Happy Baby); Sweet Potatoes, Pumpkin & Blueberries (Ella’s); and Pear, Carrot, and Apricot (Earth’s Best).
- Creamy treats, frozen: Freeze individual containers of butterscotch or chocolate pudding from Echo Farms of Hinsdale, NH. Enjoy them frozen earlier in the day or they can double as ice for the cooler and you can spoon them once they melt.
- New cookies in tempting flavors: Select a new cookie to try for your afternoon treat, such as our own big-as-your-face Brothers Marketplace cookies, or Spritzal Cookie Company’s shortbread cookies.
- A cooler full of refreshing drinks: Quench your thirst with a Spindrift sparkling water or select from varieties of Alta Palla sparkling water and juices in black cherry, grapefruit and lemonade, made with natural fruit flavors. Add electrolyte-rich beverages for replenishing, such as Drink Maple or refuel with a Mojo cold brew coffee.