Celebrate fall’s delicious flavors and vibrant colors with your choice of delights made with pumpkin and winter squash. Find familiar and unexpected ways to enjoy these seasonal treasures.
In our produce department, select from local pumpkins and a wide array of squash from Ward’s Berry Farm in Sharon.
Use a sugar pumpkin to make homemade pumpkin puree, and bake it into pancakes for a special fall breakfast, or blend it into spicy chili for a surprise at dinner. Roast red kuri and candy nut squash and turn them into a sweet, nutty soup with toasted pecans for garnish. Or stuff delicata squash with a sausage and mushroom stuffing and bake it in the oven.
Decorate your home with mini pumpkins, including small ones in white and bumpy ones known as knuckleheads. Pick up pumpkin muffins baked in-store for breakfast. Savor scratch-baked Pumpkin Spice Cookies as an afternoon treat with coffee.
At Brothers Marketplace, it’s your own neighborhood pumpkin festival, with:
- Pumpkin bread in our bakery from Julie’s Z Breads in Ashland.
- Pie pumpkins to turn into your own signature treat
- Pumpkin doughnut muffins from Bisousweet in Shirley.
Jumpstart your morning with this recipe for a homemade Pumpkin Creamer:
- Whisk 1 c. milk, 1 c. heavy cream, 3 tbsp. pumpkin puree, 1 tsp. pumpkin spice & 4 tbsp. maple syrup in a pan over moderate heat.
- When it starts steaming, remove from heat.
- Add 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
- Strain through a coffee filter. Refrigerate for up to 10 days.